Come join us for the groundbreaking event Real Life Libraries, Feb. 4, Madison Central Library, 1-5PM. And "check out" Sagashus's "book" Honest Freedom.
Real Life Library is based on the human libraries concept (humanlibrary.org).
Some people are selected as “books” and trained to tell the story of their lived experience through a self-selected title. Community members, "readers," are invited to the event where they can "check out" and "read" the “books” they are interested in, engaging in a one-on-one story-telling/listening session in the Reading Room.
The following is a list of other "books" you can "check out":
- Brenda Konkel’s “Adversity to Activist”
- Jaiden Love’s “The Power of Fear, Courage and Truth”
- Michelle Moore McKiernan’s “Contentment out of Chaos”
- Femi Sokoya’s “Faith of All Kinds: Passion, Adaptability and Support in Leadership”
- Eric Upchurch’s “Super Powers”
- Ja’Mel Ware’s “Building a Legacy”
- ...and more
Outside of the event, eac h ook il nterviewe hil ideo recorded. hus, ac ven reate igita olum ook; eac olum il ase opica ocia ssue.
WHOA! (W el n nother), adiso ubli ibrar, n r. rigin are launching the Real Life Library and inviting you to build community and elevate empathy by listening to people's stories!
Madison Central Library Address: 201 W Mifflin St, Madison, WI 53703
Event date: Saturday, Feb. 4, 1-5PM